JOSHI HOSPITAl being mainly a surgical centre, many patients have pre- existing medical diseases/problems or develop medical complications during their stay in the hospital. The Department mainly deals with Pre-operative evaluation, stabilization and Post operative care of surgical patients with Medical diseases/ complications. Regular medical check ups are conducted , where medical patients are examined and treated for various disorders like:
- - Diabetes and its complications
- - Thyroid Disorders
- - Neurological disorders – C.V.A’s, Epilepsy, Parkinsonism etc
- - Diseases of Liver, Pancreas, Gastrointestinal system.
- - Disorders of Kidney and Urinary tract.
- - Asthma, Pneumonias.
- - Hypertension and other Cardiovascular Ailments.
- - Various Infectious diseases.
- - Poisoning, Drug overdose/abuse